Covering the nursing shortage crisis and emerging trends in nursing education

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Nurse Education, Expansion and Development (NEED) Act

Thinking back to a recent hospital stay, I had filled out a suggestion card that the hospital gave out to all patients being discharged. I usually don't pay attention to the cards, but this time I did. I commented that the nurses who attended to me throughout my hospital stay were very professional and pleasant but lacked energy. I had asked one of my nurses if she was okay and she, being very honest, noted that all of the staff was pulling extra shifts simply because there were not enough nurses to go around. Many were handling twice the caseloads that they should have.

Read more ...

By advancing your nursing education, you can become an agent of change and a
leader in your field.

NURSING DEGREE FINDER

Earning your advanced nursing degree online is easy! You will attain your advanced nursing degree when and where you have the time-at work, at home, it's up to you;
it's all online.

Find out more about online nursing degrees.